Copper Horse Crusade is a 501c3 non-profit organization and all donations are tax deductible.
Cash donations are used to purchase hay and feed, to pay for veterinary services, and to cover daily operating expenses. You can also send a check to Copper Horse Crusade by mail to:
- Julie Copper, CHC
- 3602 Holmes Road (mailing address only)
- Cambridge, Ohio 43725
PLAY THE NAME GAME - You can play the "NAME GAME", where a $25 donation buys the privilege of literally turning a slaughter bound horse from a "NUMBER" to a "NAME". Visit the Copper Horse Crusade page on Facebook or message Julie for more details!
BECOME A SPONSOR – Don’t have the funds or the space to adopt? For only $100 per month, you can sponsor a CHC horse during their evaluation, offsetting some of the cost of feed, hay, farrier care, supplements, worming and veterinary services.
SEND A GIFT CARD - Gift certificates redeemable at feed, farm supply, and home improvement stores, gas stations and elsewhere. Tractor Supply is a good choice and readily available nation-wide and online. Gift cards can be sent to: Julie Copper, CHC, 3602 Holmes Road, Cambridge, Ohio 43725.
GIVE YOUR TIME - Volunteers, especially those with equine, construction, marketing, advertising, and fundraising expertise are always needed and welcome. In-kind donations of labor or parts that keep the truck and trailer rolling and in good repair are greatly appreciated. If you have time we can always use help with grooming and bathing, stalls, hand walking, and tack cleaning and repair.
FEED THE CREW - You can call TMK Farm Service, our feed provider, and donate bags of feed to CHC! We use Strategy, Dac Horse Sweet Feed, and Omolene 200. Let them know what kind of feed you would like to donate and the number of bags, and they will set them aside for us to pick up!
TMK Farm Service (330) 852-4681
PROFESSIONAL SERVICES - The services of generous veterinarians, vet techs, farriers and other equine professionals are gratefully accepted as needed.
AMAZON SMILE - Remember to sign up for Amazon Smile and choose Copper Horse Crusade as your charity. For each purchase made through Amazon Smile, a percent is given back to us. Every penny counts! To shop at AmazonSmile simply go to smile.amazon.com from the web browser on your computer or mobile device. You may also want to add a bookmark to smile.amazon.com to make it even easier to return and start your shopping at AmazonSmile.
AMAZON WISH LIST - Click here to easily send needed supplies from the CHC wishlist!
DELIVER THE BASICS - If you live in the area and can deliver supplies, we are very grateful. Items that are always needed include:
- HAY! Please call Julie to confirm hay needs and storage available in the barn.
- Weight building supplements and wormers
- Bagged pine shavings
- Hoof building and strengthening supplements such as Farrier’s Formula Extra Strength.
- Cosequin Equine, Cosequin Optimized with MSM or other quality joint supplement.
- Parasite control products, such as fly spray. Be sure to check package labels to ensure products are not out-of-date, as these could be ineffective against pests.
- Grooming supplies (especially medicated shampoos) and treatments for skin issues and wound care.
- Blankets in new/almost new condition with straps and closures intact and other tack basics.